as of JULY 18,2020 we will no longer stock the hero 6. We will only be selling the hero 8 moving forward as it is a superior camera and more robust overall.
FINALLY IN STOCK in Los Angeles and shipping next day. In collaboration with the premiere micro drone supplier we have created a affordable Bind and fly Analog 95mm drone that can easily carry a de-cased go pro 6 or 8.
We initially sold our custom micro designs for thousands of dollars. And while they did sell to high end cinematographer companies we kept hearing from the rest of the FPV world that we were priced too high. We listened to the community and knew we had to partner with the right company to make affordable micro drones. We hope these new affordable prices allow more people to enter the FPV world.
We designed a BEC BOARD for GoPro Hero, which can be used on the Beta95X for video shooting. The wheelbase is only 100mm and weighs about 86.4g without GoPro and battery. With 2.5" 3-blades propellers, 1106 motors and 16A BLHeli_32 ESC, it could do all the acrobatic motions smoothly, like dive and power loop.
YES THE GO PRO IS INCLUDED. ( HERO 6 DE-CASED) if you only want to buy the drone only go here.
Click below to watch "Hercules" be used for NASCAR
Watch Hercules fly through the tightest gaps outdoors with a little bit of wind.
Watch "Hercules" be flown very close to people.
This package is the easiest way to get a micro drone with a go pro in the air.
- This kit is the optimal choice for FPV filming, weighs about 85.2g without GoPro Hero and battery.
- Install with customized EOS2 V2 camera and A01 VTX，you can enjoy the real-time FPV feds and low RF interference on the flight.
- The pad is available for pilots to control the GoPro recording via the radio transmitter.
- Built with the high-performance STM32F051K66 processor FC boards and tuned BETAFPVF405(BEFH), faster input signals with lower latency and higher update rates are reachable, give you much more power.
- Equipped with an adjustable camera mount of 0-50° for FPV film shooting. This will be the best choice for building the smallest cinewhoop drone that can carry a naked GoPro6.
- Item: Beta95X for GoPro Hero
- Weight: 85.2g (without GoPro Hero 6 or battery)
- Wheelbase: 100mm
- F405 Flight Controller & 16A BLHeli_32 ESC V2.0
- Frame: Beta95X Frame
- Motors: 1106 4500KV with connector
- Props: Gemfan 2540 3-Blades Props
- Receiver Option: Frsky XM+ / TBS Crossfire
- Battery: 4S 450mAh Battery (Not including)
- Camera: Betafpv EOS V2 Camera
- Flight time: 4min - 5min with 450mAh 4s 75C battery (smooth flight in a windless environment)
Based on the 95X Whoop platform, we design a BEC board for this FPV community which is for the naked GoPro. This whoop drone can carry on the GoPro lite camera and keep in 106g without battery. With a pluggable connector, make it easier to plug in and out.
Meanwhile, we designed a camera holder for GoPro Lite camera, so you can install the GoPro Lite camera directly and it is also anti-shake. With the adjustable camera mount of 0-50°, it can be used for the different flying modes of insane flying or slowing flying.
The idea of GoPro Lite
Based on the discussion of the cinewhoop, we designed a BEC board and a fitting case for Naked GoPro Hero 6/7 to make it as a whole GoPro Lite camera. With a pluggable connector and a lightweight of 29g, easier to install on your cinewhoop for FPV filming.
So what is the special of the BEC board? It is integrated with the 5V@2A BEC, the stock GoPro buttons, LED and remote recording, solving the problem of the unstable power supply and redundant FPC connect way. The current BEC board fits for GoPro Hero 6 and Hero 7 Black.
How to Setup Remote Record
The pilot could use the switch on the radio transmitter to start/stop record. Some more configuration needed.
For example, if you use F4 FC V2.0 in the drone, like the 95X whoop drone, the connection diagram is shown below. The yellow cable (FC B12 pin pad) is just for the remote record.
We use the Pinio function in Betaflight to control record. First, setup the Pinio function of the B12 pin in the FC board.
resource FLASH_CS 1 NONE
resource PINIO 1 B12
set pinio_box = 40,255,255,255
Next, map one of the switch channels in your radio transmitter to this Pinio (aka USER1). As shown below, we map the AUX4 channel in the radio transmitter to USER1 Pinio. The cursor in the orange zone means button released and white zone means pressed. So keep the cursor in the orange zone in default.
Third, check if the Pinio function works. Change the switch and make the cursor move from the orange zone to the white zone, and finally back to the orange zone. Now you could check the LED status to know if the record starts. Use the same process to stop recording.
If you use the 12A F4 AIO FC board, like the 85X whoop drone, you will use the LED_STRIP pin (aka A08 pin pad) for the Pinio function.
resource LED_STRIP 1 NONE
resource PINIO 1 A08
set pinio_box = 40,255,255,255
Parts of GoPro Lite Series
We know some of the pilots might have a question about how to get the case for the naked GoPro or some might wanna grab the GoPro Lite Camera directly. Here we provide some more choices for your better installation.
- Beta95X for GoPro Hero
- Beta85X for GoPro Hero
- BEC Board for GoPro Hero
- Case for GoPro Lite Camera
- GoPro Lite Camera
How to Disassemble GoPro Hero6 Black
Special thanks to JONAH BLAESER who provided the method of disassembling GoPro HERO6 Black. If you are interested, please check the link to know the specific steps to make your own naked GoPro.
Note: Do this at your own risk. You will lose your GoPro’s warranty and you may end up bricking the camera if something goes wrong. This guide is not authorized by GoPro and your camera is not guaranteed to work afterward. BETAFPV will not be held responsible for this action.
- STL File for GoPro Lite Series
- How to assemble the case with the GoPro camera
- Cli Dump of Beta95X (Click here to find the details)
- 1 * Beta95X for GoPro Hero
- 1 * BEC Board for GoPro Hero
- 1 * Case for GoPro Lite Camera
- 1 * GH1.25 Power Cable (80mm 30AWG)
- 1 * Pack of Screws
*PLEASE NOTE BATTERIES ARE NOT INCLUDED. buy batteries here
*Hercules has spinning propellers and although while very safe relative to larger drones, it can still cause injury and should always be flown safely around people. We recommend slow speeds around people and never flying around children or animals.